Monday, April 11, 2016

The Grand Phnom Penh Water Park in Cambodia



Water park has somehow never been on my priority list at all, probably because there isn’t one here? maybe? or is it just me enjoying childhood pretty well that I dun have any issue missing water park for the last 15 years.

Grand Phnom Penh Water Park is probably the first ever proper water park we have here in Cambodia, the looks seem to impress me; which of course is the reason why I decided to go and give it a shot. As I’m writing the intro of this article, I have no idea how tomorrow will go for me, what kind of impression the water park will give. You just never know, do you? it can always make and can always break, and I hope it will make me want to go there again and again.

There is no doubt now that the water park has successfully lured my brain to go again, because today was an insane day, memorable and awesomeee. I went there with a bunch of friends, it was quite a long trip to be honest; I was nagging and all about the weather and that I had to wait for a friend, but that happened because I didn't have a clue what was gonna come. I didn't like the weather at all, it wasn't that hot actually, it's more of the humidity stuff which had been annoying me since I woke up, you can't breathe proper.


As my impatience went up, I hurried to the changing room and swiftly did everything I needed to do and down I went, to the giant slides. Of course, it was more than what I expected, both the look and the feel; the feel came a bit late, but it hit me hard and sucked me in. I was declared restless in less than 30 minutes, after some twisty/speed-of-light kind of action, I went for the straightforward one, and fell in love with it. The basic logic you get from playing in a water park is that you get to repeat whatever you’re doing again and again, and that so should be applied in reality as well. When you are doing something pretty legit and good or let’s just say FUN, you’ll want to do it again.


The first few slides scared the chicken outta me, but that was probably it, the whole day was left for me to enjoy. It wasn't just the slides though, the people and the environment were grand, it was one hell of a water park. You just can't deny the fun, it will make you go for it and never ever want to leave it; you normally see all the old guys and parents just hanging around the corner doing nothing rite? well there were few, but most of them were in the water, doing slides, WWE-ing in the water, getting massage by the falling bucket of water, basically, the fun was also intended for them. As you all know, I didn’t have a clue what a water park can give until today, means I had no idea that it was this good. I like the idea a lot as well, the idea of being able to entertain anyone; no age limits, nothing else is required, you just have to be human and you’ll get the fun too.

After many many slides, I wasn’t that tired, but it’s obvious that I had to have lunch. The weather was at its best, tanning everyone including me, and literally telling everyone to get off the park and go eat. The lunch place was very crowded, no orders were allowed to make anymore, so I had no choice but to pick up some ready made salad and sandwich to make my tummy a bit stabilized. After 30 minutes or so, I decided to go make some orders because I wasn’t going to go back in the water, “not being full”. I waited for 2 hours to get everything I had ordered, I mean they were worth it; but along the course, I was irritated, I was nagging a lot , things were not supposed to be this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maa

Maa was the kind of person whom people will miss and still love even though she’s gone, the kind of person whom others, not just f...