Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pub Street | Siem Reap

Pub is for Public House, a house open to the public and so, Pub Street would obviously be the street open to public. I say, it is. All of us who have been on this street would not doubt and for those who are going to be on this street soon or sooner shall not doubt as well.
Let us take a walk.
The atmosphere here is amazeball, lemme tell you about everything one by one, bond with me for tonight. So I just finished half of the whole L sized chicken-curry-flavored pizza, uh-huh, I ate a lot; it's a trip, chillax / Diet Mode OFF.
We shall start with something funny. So there's this bench with wings for people to sit on and pretend they're angels and they can fly and of course, take fotos. That's not why I found it funny, it's them who would not sit on the bench and would choose to stand behind the bench and therefore, behind the wings instead, making it look like they got wings growing out from their waist, eheheheh. It wasn’t that late for people to lose that much of senses.
Have you noticed that I would only start the article when I'm full? and yes, I'm currently shupa duper gutted with food. And yes I'm still eating the leftovers.
I'm known as Mario, and this time around, I've been jumping on and around the Pub Street these few hours. The food stalls have been buzzing, their foods have been corrupting everyone bite by bite.
I've been taking fotos as well as enjoying what I take, got some pretty niiice fotos indeed; well, we are in a foto paradise, no doubt.
I personally think that it's the lights that are making the Pub Street, the 'Pub Street', if it wasn't for the noise and the crazy characters jumping in and around the block, enjoying their holidays. And that's what Pub Street does to people, I am just so proud of how what it can deliver these to us, I'm happy.

This guy who tagged along with me on this trip asked me one question.
"Ain't it KOOL to write your own article for the blog on Pub Street at 10:30 eating pizza and listening to mashed up songs on Pub Street?"

And yeah, I answered, "It's pretty God Damn AWESOMEEEE."
There's this Scorpions song from the bar across the road, right to me and there’s that David Guetta mix from the bar on my left and there’s this group of Khmer musicians playing instruments on the street seeking donation rite in front of me; it's so nicely *uncensored sound* up, and I like it.
Before getting dirty, the civilized version of Pub Street in the morning was more of a simple refreshing kind of place where you get good breakfast and niiice coffee and quiet atmosphere. Psa Kandal beside the street helps.
Amok was no more than a simple Khmer dish and I got the full package, got to taste the veggies and the meat at one same time. I thereby called this dish ‘The Pre Lunch’, everyone who knows me would be knowing that I do eat a lot. Roaming around the ‘not yet a Pub Street’ was kinda boring when you know it’s far more amazeball than it is in the morning compared to the Night Mode of Pub Street. I ended my treasure hunt at ‘CafĂ© Central’, there was a very catchy name on the menu, so I asked the waitress that was waiting our table: “Watermelon AND Lime Shake or Watermelon OR Lime Shake?”, and she replied sarcastically, “Nooope… not an ‘OR’, it’s an ‘AND’”. I finished the sarcastic Shake right before I decided to move my seat nearby the window, uh-huh, I like the fresh air around this cafe. This street is noisy, smoky, crowded, sweaty, peaceful, entertaining, fresh, fun, happy, colorful, quiet, charming, tricky, fresh, tempting, mysterious, helping, cultural, modern, risky, demanding, loving, friendly, and all the other adjectives you can think of.



Note: I started the “Siem Reap | Epic!” article around this time, while taking my cold medicine and dozed off after I’ve written only few paras.




Now let’s get back to the Pub Street at its best, I spent my nights here, and the energy seems to not go anywhere at any time, there were no time when I see the crowds emptying, the moment two goes out, five comes back in. The atmosphere, if you see it like I see it, is immortal. There will always be a dance-off on the street every now and then, the Khmer orchestras were always there even if it was Pchum Ben. I think they have kept their place in the Pub Street, most of the people visiting must've heard of them. They have been there all season long, entertaining the visitors who came to visit their Pub Street. They have become global citizens, their culture has been widened, they're happy when it's Christmas, when it's Halloween, when it's ThanksGiving, they celebrate it all. It's somehow good that they're who they are now, it's pretty obvious, they breathe the Pub Street, it's how they make their living, it's where they belong.




From the vibe to the crowds to the friendliness to the colors to the lights to the food to the music to the faces, all of us from different countries, but yet we somehow interact as if we've been friends for quite some time, and I think that's how our society should work, I would love to expand the Pub Street, the bigger the better.


Pub Street is as colorful and tempting as the above foto can be; like it or not, you want to try it and I say you should.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Maa

Maa was the kind of person whom people will miss and still love even though she’s gone, the kind of person whom others, not just f...