Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas in Phnom Penh

So… Christmas is coming to town, I think I’ve spent all my Christmas so far, pretty well. Going to Hong Kong has been my best Christmas so far, the fact that I got to travel and see the world, and the fact that I get to feel the weather which I’ve always liked. The decorations and all probably are put up a month earlier, malls are putting up their best on Sale, everything from head to toe are all Christmas-themed. It was fun, exploring and eating and riding buses and subways, frozen and still enjoying the city, it was a great Christmas.

Christmas in Phnom Penh has been great as well, the city has already been filled with the Christmas feel as I’m writing this article, that shows how we’re very open towards accepting cultures from elsewhere in the world. The locals and the government seems to be very niiice about accepting cultures, we do only take the good ones though and make it as fun as it is meant to be. Personally, I think the expats do like it here, when it’s a Khmer celebration or festival, they enjoy it with the locals, when it’s their culture’s celebration and festival, it’s the locals’ turn to enjoy and celebrate it with the expats, it’s a great connection.

We’ve got the International New Year's celebration, the Khmer, Chinese, Vietnamese, our nation is wide open towards cultures, so do we, each and every celebration has always been very very exciting, we have the privilege to celebrate all of them. We get to understand and experience more about their cultures, we befriended their people, we accept and eat their cuisine, I can say that we’re very international.

Whether we believe in Buddha or Jesus or any other Gods there is to believe in, we all connect and unite as one, The Chinese or Khmer or Vietnamese New Year all have one same purpose behind, that is to celebrate the beginning of a new year. The date differences do not matter that much in the end, as long as we all have one same purpose, no matter what region or country you’re in, a new year celebration will always keep its one and only meaning.

If you see it through my angle, I would look a bit like Santa, why so? hehehhehe, even though I’m 15, I do have a bit of tummy just like Santa; I do wear glasses just like him; he has grey hair, so do I; he is old and people say I look like a grandpa; I guess this much of similarity would be enough to say I’m a identical twin of his, hehehehe…

We all love Santa and Christmas.












Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Maa

Maa was the kind of person whom people will miss and still love even though she’s gone, the kind of person whom others, not just f...